Veeva and EU Job Applicants
Job Applicants Privacy Notice
Veeva Systems Inc. (“Veeva Systems”, “Veeva”, or the “Company”, “We”, “Us”, “Our”) is committed to the individual’s right to privacy. Veeva is the company that is recruiting for the job vacancy you have applied for. We will process your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement and will be responsible for complying with applicable data protection laws.
Data Protection Principles
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used in a lawful, fair and transparent way;
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
- Accurate and kept up to date;
- Maintained only for as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about, i.e. in relation to the recruitment exercise;
- Kept securely and protected against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against loss or destruction using appropriate technical and organizational measures.
Special Personal Data:
Veeva does not request or require you to provide personal data related to your religion, health, sexual orientation or political affiliation. If you have a disability and would like for us to consider an accommodation, you may provide that information by emailing: Veeva.TalentAccommodations.Europe@veeva.com
What Personal Data We Collect About You?
In connection with your application, we will collect, use and store the following categories of personal data about you:
- Name, identity and contact details (name, address, email address, telephone, other contact information and personal preferences)
- Employment details (details of your employment background, including position, work experience, employment references, salary and other compensation requests, etc.)
- Background information (educational background including degrees, certificates, transcripts, credit history and/or criminal background screenings, etc.) (where relevant to your application and permitted under applicable law)
- Financial Information (salary, tax information, benefits, expenses, company allowances, stock and equity grants, etc.)
- Any other information in your application that you choose to share with us (personal preferences, hobbies, social preferences, information provided by your referees, etc.)
How we collect your personal data?
- From you as the candidate
- From your named referees
- From publicly accessible professional sources (LinkedIn, etc.)
How we use your personal data?
We will use your personal data for:
- recruitment, selection, evaluation and appointment of job candidates (permanent or temporary) for the job you have applied for and for subsequent job opportunities;
- carrying out background and reference checks and related assessment;
compliance with legal or regulatory requirements
- communicating with you about the recruiting process.
Automated Decision- Making
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
With whom we share your personal data with?
- Your personal information may be shared for the purposes described above with other companies within Veeva.
- We may also share your personal information with third parties who provide services to us such as recruitment agencies, consultants, background services and attorneys. All these service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and Veeva will seek to ensure it is only used in connection with the functions or services these parties will be performing for Veeva and that your personal data is treated by them in a confidential manner.
- We will share your personal data as legally required.
Transfer of your personal data:
Transfer or access by Veeva personnel or service providers outside of the EEA will only be made using legal mechanisms approved by the EU (e.g. the European Standard Contractual Clauses). We will take measures to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected during any transfer and is handled in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
How long we keep your personal data?
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary in connection with the purposes described in this Privacy Notice and in accordance with Veeva‘ s retention policy and applicable laws.
How can you exercise your Privacy Rights?
You may exercise your data subject rights under Articles 15 to 22 of the GDPR by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Veeva will provide information on action taken on a request under Articles 15 to 22 to you without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request.
If we need to extend by two further months where necessary, taking into account if the complexity and number of the requests that require more time, then Veeva will inform you of any such extension within one month of receipt of the request, together with the reasons for the delay. If you make the request by electronic form means, we will provide the information to you by electronic means where possible, unless otherwise requested by you.
If Veeva does not take action on your request, we will inform you without delay and at the latest within one month of receipt of the request of the reasons for not taking action and on your possibility of lodging a complaint with a supervisory authority and seeking a judicial remedy.
You retain the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe that Veeva has infringed your rights under applicable data protection legislation.
How we protect your personal data?
Veeva maintains appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal data. For more details, please visit “Veeva and Security”.
How to contact us?
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. Veeva’s Data Protection Officer is happy to help with questions or inquiries.
Veeva Systems Inc.
4280 Hacienda Drive
Pleasanton, CA 94588 USA