Eliminating Data Restrictions for Life Sciences
The Latest on Veeva’s Antitrust Lawsuit Against IQVIA
Life sciences companies should have the freedom to choose the software and data products that meet their business needs without restriction. Choice is good for the market and beneficial for customers.
Veeva and IQVIA have software and data products that compete. IQVIA prevents customers from loading IQVIA data products into certain Veeva software products including Network, Andi, and Nitro. We believe IQVIA’s actions anti-competitive actions harm the industry by raising costs, limiting choice, and slowing innovation, which is ultimately bad for patients.
In March 2017, after three years of trying to find an amicable resolution, Veeva filed a lawsuit against IQVIA to end the long history of anti-competitive behavior and eliminate unfair data restrictions for the life sciences industry.Current status
- Depositions are mostly complete in the lawsuit. More than 70 people have been deposed. This includes testimony from representatives of 6 large biopharma companies as to the harm of IQVIA’s practices on their companies and the industry.
- The jury trial is expected to begin in Q4 2021 and will run roughly 4 weeks, but the start date is dependent on the progress of other cases assigned to our judge.
- We are confident in our case and believe we will win, but there is no guarantee.
- The court would likely compel IQVIA to enter into standard TPAs for Veeva products on a global basis and award damages to Veeva.
- A favorable ruling would serve as a precedent that would deter IQVIA from being abusive with their TPA policies in the future.
- Things could remain as they are today unless further customer pressure can convince IQVIA to change their behavior.
- Voice concerns to the IQVIA management team, including the IQVIA CEO, as the IQVIA CEO is the decision maker on this matter.
- Don’t give IQVIA new business if they continue with current policies that harm the industry.
- Consider alternative suppliers for existing IQVIA business over time.
We will keep this page up to date so that you always have the latest information on the status.