Veeva and Your Information
Veeva and Privacy
When expressing an interest in obtaining additional information about Veeva’s Services or accessing secure areas of our Websites, we may require you to provide the following personal information such as: full name, company name, email address, mailing address, phone number, portal login id and password.
When you purchase Veeva’s Services, we will ask you to provide billing information. When you register for or attend corporate events, Veeva will ask you to provide basic contact information, billing information, and information related to your participation in the events on Veeva’s websites.
As you navigate our Websites, Veeva may collect information through the use of commonly used information gathering tools such as web beacons and cookies. Information collected includes standard information from your web browser such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, referring/exit pages, links clicked, and actions taken while browsing.
Use of Information Collected
Veeva uses the information collected from our Websites to perform the services requested. For example, we may use this information to:
- Send requested product or service information
- Send product updates
- Respond to customer service requests
- Administer your account
- Send newsletters
- Send marketing communications
- Respond to questions and concerns
- Improve our Web site and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Respond to inquiries regarding career opportunities
Sharing of Information Collected
We will only share your Personal Data with third parties in the ways that are described in this Privacy Statement.
We may provide your Personal Data to companies or their Websites (such as our Customer Service Portal Provider) that provide Services to help us with our business activities such as customer support or billing for our Services. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Data only as necessary to provide these Services to us.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- As required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process,
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Data, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Data,
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Public Forums, and Customer Testimonials
Veeva may provide bulletin boards, blogs, or chat rooms on the Company’s Websites. Any Personal Data you choose to submit in such a forum may be read, collected, or used by others who visit these forums and may be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personal Data you choose to submit in these forums.
Veeva may post lists of Customers and testimonials on the Company’s Websites that contain information such as Customer names and titles. We obtain the consent of each Customer prior to posting any information on such a list or posting testimonials. To request removal of your Personal Data from our blog or forum or to have your testimonials removed, contact us at email@example.com
Your Information on Customer Portals
If you would like to update or change your password, you may click on the “Forgot your password?” link on the login page. After you provide your username, a system generated password will be created and sent to the email address indicated on your profile. The email will contain a link where you can change your password.