Over 1,700 life sciences leaders and experts gathered at the 2019 Veeva Global R&D Summit this week to hear the latest news and market trends in the industry, experience innovative technology, and share best practices.
The event featured customer keynotes including Rob Metcalf, vice president, Eli Lilly, on how to drive change in big organizations, as well as Joe Jimenez, former CEO, Novartis and Paul Sekhri, CEO, eGenesis on the impact of innovations like gene therapy on patients and the industry.
With more than 70 breakout sessions featuring customer case studies in clinical operations, clinical data management, regulatory, quality, and Vault Platform, this year was our most exciting event yet.
Key topics included:
- Transforming end-to-end clinical trial processes with a unified clinical operations suite.
- Enhancing collaboration and data sharing between sponsors, CROs, and investigator sites.
- Improving trial efficiency, visibility, and quality.
- Enabling active TMF management and oversight.
- Speeding study timelines, including study builds and database locks.
- Transforming UAT processes with a risk-based approach and live updates.
- Adopting an agile design methodology with collaborative, spec-less design.
- Modernizing the clinical data experience for sites, sponsors, and CROs.
- Unifying submission development from planning through publishing.
- Simplifying variation management and tracking approval status.
- Aligning headquarters and affiliates to optimize regulatory processes.
- Maximizing Vault RIM value with implementation insights.
- Quality management best practices.
- Practical recommendations for audit and inspection readiness.
- Guidelines for deploying a training solution in a unified quality suite.
- Opportunities for modernizing quality management including quality risk management.
- Streamlining adverse event collection, evaluation, and reporting.
- Enabling collaboration with real-time oversight.
- Ensuring quality, compliance, and completeness of safety information.
- Staying current on regulatory changes.
Highlights from 2019 Veeva R&D Summit, North America
We are closely monitoring the details around COVID-19.
The CDC does not have a COVID-19 travel health notice for the continental U.S. Therefore, there is currently no change to our Summit plans. Should the situation change, we are prepared to deliver a great virtual event, so be sure to register and hold the date. We will advise if the event is in-person or virtual at least 45 days ahead of the event.